Dates: 01.04.2017 – 30.06.2017
09.09.2017 – 06.10.2017
- 7 nights in Hotel Neptuno sharing with half board (Premium room + 44€/week) (Single room + 120€/week)
- Welcome Cocktail (Cava) ·
- Welcome Pack (Sport bag, sport bottle, 5l water, information material about the tours and the village Calella) ·
- 1 Garmin Edge 810 rented navigation system with bike mount ·
- Visit of the winery in Alella and tasting of 6 wines and Cavas (sparkling wine) ·
- Transfer of the group back from the winery to Calella on sunday ·
- Transfer of the group from Calella to Lloret de Mar (king’s stage) ·
- 1 washing machine load of sports laundry (up to 4 kg) on rest day (Wednesday)
- Entry fee of botanical garden, Blanes (6,50€)
- Tourist tax 0,50€/day
- Specialized renting bike, aluminum 110€/week, Roubaix, Tarmac Sport 160€/week
- Airport-Transfer Barcelona – Calella – Barcelona (50€ p.p for groups with min. 6)
Day 1, Saturday:
- Arrival at Calella by car or at airport Barcelona by flight (Transfer not included. For a group with 6 persons: 50€/person. Good connection by bus or train).
- Check-In at Hotel Neptuno & Welcome Cocktail
- Olebike package (1 sports bag, 1 water bottle, 5l water, information about Calella and the tours)
- Delivery of Specialized rental bikes & individual adjustment (Only in case additional renting bike is booked. If arriving on late flights, delay of delivery until next morning)
Day 2, Sunday: Wine – 60km / 727m climbing
- 10.00h Departure from Hotel Neptuno
- approx. 2,5 – 3h to Alella, about 1 hour to have a typical snack (not included), for example in wine cellar “Companyia d’Alella“
14.30h Visit a winery in Alella. Tour of the vineyard and wine / champagne tasting of 6 different wines and cavas (sparkling wine, about 1.5 h)
16.00h Pick up at the wineyard by Olebike and safe return to Calella with mini bus
Day 3, Monday: Blanes – 40km – 200hm
- 10.00h Ride from Calella to the botanical garden Marimurtra in Blanes (20km). Visit of the Botanical Garden about 1.5 h
- Afterwards visit of the old town (about 1h). For lunch we propose you a menu on the beach in the idyllic local restaurant esBlanc (not included, 3 courses and 1 glas of wine: 20€).
- Return to Callella through byways
Day 4, Tuesday: Hinterland – 80km – 769m climbing
10.00h Departure Hotel Neptuno (self-guided)
After 4,5km on the coast you will turn right to start your journey through the hilly hinterland. After crossing Sant Cebria and Sant Iscle at km 17 you reach the Collsacreu on 355m hight, which is the highest elevation you climb today. In Breda the chapel Santa Anna from 1624 invites to have a small break and a photo stop.
In Hostalric you will find the “Fortaleza”, a fortress from the 18th century. It’s a steep rise on a cobbled surface to reach the top, but the reward is an outstanding view. Back down you will pass Hostalric along the town wall and further to Tordera. There we recomend a break with coffee and cake in the cafeteria Canales. A few meters away it’s worth to have a look at the “Paroquia de Sant Esteve” church. With new energy you will continue your tour back to Calella.
Day 5, Wednesday, Barcelona
Today your bicycle has holidays, but your legs are still demanded 😉
We recommend a day trip to Barcelona today. With the direkt train from Calella you will reach Barcelona in 1 hour for less than 5€. From Plaça Catalunya you can explore Barcelona by feet or with the hop-on-hop-off-bus. While you explore the metropolis, we will wash your sportswear.
On request, we will get you the tickets for the bus and also for the Sagrada Familia. It’s worth a visit!
Day 6, Thursday, Kings Stage Costa Brava – 112km – 1437m climbing
- 09.00h Departure. Transfer to Lloret de Mar
- 09.45h Start Kings Stage (self-guided)
- Tour: Lloret de Mar – Tossa de Mar – Sant Feliu de Guixols – Romanya de la Selva – Llagostera – St. Grau – Tossa de Mar – Lloret de Mar – Calella
- We recommend a full refreshment in Llagostera, for example at Café Cal Negre (Cake & Burger)
Day 7, Friday, Art Nouveau – 60km – 610m climbing
- Departure 10.00h Hotel Neptuno
- From Calella to Mataro there is about 32km through the hilly hinterland. In Mataro you will make a little round trip to learn about the Art Nouveau era and its main architects, in particular Josep Puig i Cadafalch.
You will continue on the coastal road through Caldes d’Estrac to Arenys. There we recommend visiting the Mas Taxonera and have a refreshment and some tapas (not included). Refreshed you will have another photo stop in the harbor, the fishing and sports port of Arenys, befor heading to Canet de Mar. In Canet you will find some impressive Art Nouveau buildings designed by the architect Lluis Domenech i Montaner. On the way back to Calella you will explore the streets of Sant Pol and will surely find time there for a coffee.
Day 8, Saturday, departure day Breakfast in the hotel If separetly booked: transfer to the airport Additional days possible
For groups of 6 to 8 persons:
01.04. – 05.05.2018 289€ p.p.
06.05. – 02.06.2018 299€
03.06. – 30.06.2018 339€
01.07. – 14.07.2018 449€
26.08. – 08.09.2018 389€
09.09. – 22.09.2018 339€
23.09. – 06.10.2018 279€
Single room supplement:
120€ per week
*Supplements for smaller groups:
5 persons: + 3€ per person
4 persons: + 6 € per person
3 persons: + 12€ per person
2 persons: + 24€ per person
Calella is a seaside town on the Costa del Maresme, 54 km northeast of Barcelona, in Catalonia, Spain.
- Superficie: 8 km²
- Elevación: 5 m
- Tiempo: 24 °C, viento SO a 26 km/h, 48 % de humedad
- Población: 19.000
- Provincia: Barcelona
- Comarca: El Maresme
Airport-Transfer Barcelona – Calella – Barcelona could be booked optionally:
- 50€ p.p for groups with min. 6
- group of 5: 56€ p.p
- group of 4: 50€ p.p
- group of 3: 55€ p.p
- group of 2: 82€ p.p
Calella is reachable without problems by bus or train.
How to find us.